Treetops Adventure Tour Guiding
We are getting ready for the upcoming summer season and are now hiring!
This is unlike any other Australian nature experience, and visitors will see the trees and forest ecology in a new light, while learning about our growing and vibrant Tasmanian Forests. Gliding along wires attached by harnesses, thrill-seekers are led by two knowledgeable and highly-trained guides through the treetops and above the Pipers River. The journey includes cable spans between 15m to 400m, connected by tree platforms called ‘cloud stations’. If you like what you’re reading, then this might be the job for you!
Guides will be responsible for leading small groups of guests safely on our exhilarating and enjoyable Treetops Adventure and other Tours.
To be a part of the team you will need to be highly responsible and possess:
- An interest in tourism and outdoor adventure activities
- A fun filled disposition with excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexibility with working hours
- Current Provide First Aid certificate (HLTAID0003) or willingness to acquire same
- Current Tasmanian Working with Vulnerable People Card or willingness to acquire same
- Physically fit
- Current Drivers Licence
- Minimum Height requirement of 158cm
We will provide you with comprehensive training together with uniform and all necessary equipment are provided.
All applications received by the closing date will be assessed on merit. There are 2 stages where only suitable candidate will progress to the following stage, followed by a formal offer to the successful candidates.
- A face to face interview onsite at HTA
- A 3 day practical assessment to assess suitability. As this is a part of recruitment process, it is unpaid.
Applicants should complete the following:
- Download and read the Application Info Pack
- Submit a completed Employment Application Form
- Submit application with a covering letter
- Include their Current Curriculum Vitae/Resume